by on January 4, 2008
I Recently upgraded to FDT 3.0 Professional…I highly recommend if you’re doing heavy actionscript projects. It’s pricey, but will pay for itself quickly.
Using fl.controls with the syntax checking took a bit of research. Turns out you have to follow the steps as
- Create a new FLA, name it CS3Controls
- drag all the components you need into the Library
- In File> Publish Settings > Flash > checkmark “Export SWC”
- publish it
- copy the CS3Controls.swc to someplace you’ll remember (e.g. a common classpath or whatever app that uses them’s lib folder)
- – Now in FDT, add your SWC to your project, and in the Flash Explorer panel, right-click and add that SWC file to your classpath
- once that swc is visible in the FDT Flash Explorer, right click over it. “Source Folder”>“Add to Classpath”
- after a moment you will see it above the packages, if successful, clicking the plus will show you all the classes inside it…very cool FDT team!
- in your AS class just proceed as normal eg.: <code> import fl.controls.*</code>
found this cool little tip and it worked great